1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Keyshot 9

Discussion in 'KeyShot for rendering' started by simonb65, Oct 29, 2019.

1. simonb65

simonb65 Alibre Super User

Question for the Alibre Team ...

Will 'Keyshot 9 for CAD' be available for those on current Alibre maintenance? and if so, do the Alibre team know, what new features/improvements Alibre users can expect to get access to?

2. KMoffett

KMoffett Senior Member

Keyshot is sending a "Final Chance" email for today for free upgrade from 8 to 9. They are asking for a serial code. Can I get that from Alibre or is it in the Keyshot program windows?
    Ken

3. DavidJ

DavidJ Alibre Super User Staff Member

Your Keyshot for Alibre Design is activated from your Alibre Design activation - there is no Keyshot serial code. The information from Keyshot applies to separate newly purchased Keyshot 8 licences, not bundled products, nor pre-existing licences.

Based on previous experience, it seems likely that in due course Keyshot for Alibre Design for those with current maintenance of Alibre Expert at the time, will be updated. I would expect that to be some time after the official launch of Keyshot 9 (date not yet known) and may coincide with an Alibre product release.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2019
    simonb65 likes this.
  4. Drutort

Drutort Senior Member

so its working.
    I have a question, will we ever get KeyVR? has anyone had any experience with it? Oculus Rift S and quest are priced pretty good and are pretty popular, I have been using Rift S for a bit

Last edited: Nov 23, 2019
  5. DavidJ

DavidJ Alibre Super User Staff Member

If you want a higher version of Keyshot - purchase an upgrade. Some users here have upgraded to get unlimited resolution for example...

6. Drutort

Drutort Senior Member

wow the new GPU render option is almost 2-3x+ (quadro rtx 4000) faster then my new AMD 3900X (all cores 4.14Ghz)

Also while cpu is 100% load gpu does it with under 35%? at least according to windows task manager

simonb65 likes this.
  7. HaroldL

HaroldL Alibre Super User

Sure, as soon as you buy it. At the price Luxion is charging for it "per year' I don't think it's going to be an Add On to Alibre any time soon or ever.

KeyVR.png

8. Drutort

Drutort Senior Member

ya I saw that :(
    I guess SimLab is the cheaper alternative for our models to be in VR