1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Introducing WizoGrid - Integrated Spreadsheets

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ajayre, Sep 20, 2019.

1. idslk

idslk Alibre Super User

Hello WillAdams,

simple: You have to dimension them in your sketch.
    I assume you've drawn the rectangle using the grid...
    That will not set any equation.
    If your sketch looks like this:
    upload_2019-11-23_13-39-19.png
    Please click into the dimension boxes upload_2019-11-23_13-40-12.png
    enter the desired dimension and click ok upload_2019-11-23_13-41-0.png
    after doing that for both dims you will get the values in the EE.
    upload_2019-11-23_13-43-10.png

From then on you can use the dims in WizoGrid

Regards
    Stefan

2. WillAdams

WillAdams Member

Thanks! That's it! Why is it necessary to do this for the rectangle dimensions but not the extrusion?

3. simonb65

simonb65 Alibre Super User

Sketch figures do not have dimensions until you define them. An extrusion depth dimension is defined at the point you add the extrusion feature. Hence, one is automatically assigned to the EE variables and the other has to be manually assigned by you.

NateLiqGrav likes this.
  4. Lew_Merrick

Lew_Merrick Alibre Super User

Hi Will -- Are you defining the Equation Editor Variables in tems of the Wizo/Spreadsheet Cells??? -- Lew

5. WillAdams

WillAdams Member

Thanks to @idslk I managed to get this part of things puzzled out --- now I just have to figure out how to center things.

6. Lew_Merrick

Lew_Merrick Alibre Super User

Hi Will -- Use the Equation Editor. It is perfectly possible to define (say) A0_Length, A0_Width, and A1_Height as Equation Editor Variables. It is then perfectly possible to define (say) A2_Half_Length = A0_Length/2, A2_Width_Half = a0_Width/2, and A2_Height_Half = A0_Height/2 (etc.) and use those Variables to create the "Center-Lines you need. Right? -- Lew

7. WillAdams

WillAdams Member

Maybe, but I can't see how to assign them by halves in the interface --- working around this by just drawing the edges/partitions instead.

8. WillAdams

WillAdams Member

9. oldfox

oldfox Alibre Super User

Can also be done in one step by extruding the starting block to include the bottom. Then extrude the pockets to a depth minus
    the bottom thickness.

The "Auto Dimension" tool will give you all the dimensions (actually, a whole lot more than you would want) you would need.
    I have however seen it miss a line on an axis of 0.0 dimension of offset.

10. WillAdams

WillAdams Member

That was where I started, but I couldn't figure out how to line up the pockets with the surrounding stock.