1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to rotate the bottom of a triangle sketch flat

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KeithH, Nov 18, 2020.

1. KeithH

KeithH Member

I am going through the trial of Alibre design and following along with the videos. So my question is if I make a triangle with the polygon tool having 3 sides, free handed it doesn’t come out flat.

is their a way to simply make the bottom of the triangle straight and flat easily? I went through the videos for move and rotate with the direct input but that didn’t help. I just thought to try turning on snap to grid, make a reference line in the sketch, then dimension that and then do a parallel constraint which did it. But is their another way that I’m missing?

Thanks in advance for any help

ps the triangle is just an example i played with. But lets say I want the sketch line at so and so angle to a line or something else.

sincerely
    KeithH

2. Nick952

Nick952 Senior Member

If you want one of the sides (or any sketch line) either Vertical or Horizontal, then use the Horizontal or Vertical Constraint on that side.

The setting of a Sketch line at a specific angle to another line is done by Dimensioning the angle.between them. As soon as you enter the angle dimension you want, the line will snap to that angle, regardless of the angle you initally sketched it at.

Screenshot 2020-11-18 114032.jpg

Last edited: Nov 18, 2020
    KeithH likes this.
  3. KeithH

KeithH Member

Ok one sec got to run downstairs to try.brb

4. KeithH

KeithH Member

Just tried what u said, THANKS. It worked. I really appreciate it.

Nick952 likes this.