1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to fix System.DllNotFoundException after V22 install (issue due to MS Visual C++)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Drutort, Oct 15, 2020.

1. Drutort

Drutort Senior Member

So this error I assume happened because I did not close some apps that the installer was asking to close and in particular it had to do with Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable.

Ironically it had options if you do not close them then a restart will be required, I was like fine... well after restart I got this error, and not only this error other apps like Firefox all of sudden where broken.

Long story short, I had downloaded full install of Alibre v22, I had done the automatic update, so I thought maybe something went wrong their, but doing a repair with the downloaded full/clean install copy it did not fix it.

So my next step was to go and see the MS visual c++ redistributable and do a repair on that and or reinstall of that.

The repair asked for reboot.

After reboot everything went to normal.

alibre v22 error.jpg

After the install issue, go to control panel and go to the Programs and Features (I am on latest windows 10 pro 64bit) Click on "installed on" and see my pic below shows the MS Visual C++ was installed same time as Alibre, that one I did repair on that fixed the above pictured alibre and other apps error.
    alibre v22 error fix.png

2. HaroldL

HaroldL Alibre Super User

Yeah, I try to close down ALL apps that I have open whenever I update any software installation. Not being a computer guru I think it is better to have only the installer running so unknown errors don't pop up because it couldn't access a file that was running for another app.

I did see a separate Install dialog for the MS Visual C++ and after it installed there was the option to Restart the computer Now or Later, I opted for Later since the AD installation was still ongoing. After AD installed I did a restart on the laptop and everything was just fine.