1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to copy a whole design project to a new location

Discussion in 'Using Alibre Design' started by Hunter, May 4, 2020.

1. Lew_Merrick

Lew_Merrick Alibre Super User

Mike -- About 40% of my workload falls under "Security" and is monitored by people who, should I fail their standards, can send me to Federal garden spots to spend a decade or two turning boulders into gravel. That puts things into fairly sharp perspective. -- Lew

2. JST

JST Alibre Super User

I have a considerable number of projects each year, either for the business itself, or for outside clients.

While the Feds are not looking for mistakes I might make, it is still simply "not done" to save inadvertently a file from client "A" to a folder for client "B". No "penalties in garden spots", but definite potential consequences for patents, or maintaining corporate IP confidential. Once "disclosed" no matter if unintentionally disclosed, the deed is done, and the confidential IP or patent app is no longer confidential. No taking a "Mulligan" on it, you just cannot let anything out without having signed NDAs.

Alibre actively throws stumbling blocks in the way of keeping things separate, and has had essentially nothing in the way of automatic help with the effort.

This includes copying design projects.

3. bigseb

bigseb Alibre Super User

Not the perfect solution but it does make everything incl drawings saveable to a new location.

simonb65 likes this.