1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you add more details to an existing V22 Beta ticket?

Discussion in 'v22 Beta' started by simonb65, Sep 12, 2020.

1. simonb65

simonb65 Alibre Super User

@Max, question is in the title, Thanks in advance.

2. DavidJ

DavidJ Alibre Super User Staff Member

Simon - if this is like previous beta tests, the tickets go straight to Alibre's QA Director (i.e. one person is receiving, sorting, assigning the tickets). On that basis I'd suggest just send in another ticket, but make it clear you are expanding on a previous report. Shouldn't be too much of a problem unless you've reported many items...

Alternatively wait for Max to come along - I doubt that much will be done anyway over the weekend...

simonb65 likes this.
  3. simonb65

Thanks David, I'll wait for a request for more info.

It's a pity those testing the Beta can't use a bug tracker like Bugzilla (or fully interactive ticketing system) to enable them to not only add detail, but also see what other bugs have been reported to see if it's an issue on their machines and hence determine if the issue is possibly machine specific. Plus it saves time and effort reporting the same issue as someone else has already found!

NateLiqGrav likes this.
  4. NateLiqGrav

NateLiqGrav Alibre Super User

I agree Simon, that would also suggest to testers what areas they should test on their own machines.

Edit: I guess as testers we can post everything we send to support to the forum also.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2020
  5. simonb65

That would have been my preferred method, but I don't think from the Beta page and @Max s post, that Alibre want Beta issues posting on the forum!

As a side note, I'm not keen that the trace image dialog doesn't have a auto rotate button, which would allow you to select 2 reference points on the image and then rotate it so the reference points were horizontal (align a datum line to a axis) ... a bit like scale does.

6. DavidJ

DavidJ Alibre Super User Staff Member

Simon - feel free to suggest enhancements, but don't expect them to make this release (they won't).

It isn't a big surprise if new features prompt ideas for enhancements, beyond what has been initially provided.

7. simonb65

No expectations for v22 David, would make a good enhancement though in a not too distant release.

So true! Real world use cases often highlight the shortcomings in the initial implementation.

8. NateLiqGrav

NateLiqGrav Alibre Super User

A ticket on Alibre official beta ticket system and corresponding post here for discussion seems ok to me.

9. Max

Max Administrator Staff Member

That's a good idea. Perhaps we can add that in v23.

Regarding the other stuff - just enter a new ticket and reference in the comments that it's an addon to a previous ticket. There aren't 2000 to sift through, so it's manageable on our end to hunt for it.

Thanks!

simonb65 likes this.
  10. simonb65

That would be good! To clarify the operation, it would be ...

1) Select point A,
    2) Select point B (which creates a reference line between A and B),
    3) Select an axis to which you want that 'reference line' parallel to.

You could also include the option of an angle offset if you wanted that 'reference' say 15 deg off to the axis. That would cover all bases for an auto or assisted rotate/align. Defaulted to zero.