1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I revert to V21?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wazzu83, Jan 6, 2021.

1. wazzu83

wazzu83 Senior Member

I held off upgrading from V21 to V22 until I completed a project. Now I regret the decision to upgrade. I have to make a few changes to the drawings which are opening with a string of errors. Any edits result in disappearing title block and other issues. Fortunately, I haven't saved any work under V22. Wasted too many hours today trying other things.

I would like to revert to V21 ... hopefully that will solve this problem short term.

How do I do that?

2. simonb65

simonb65 Alibre Super User

Make a note of your License Key, Release the License from within V22, Uninstall V22, Install V21, Activate V21 with your license key!

3. wazzu83

wazzu83 Senior Member

That's the easy part.

Where do I get the V21 installation file?

4. simonb65

Did you not keep it when you installed v21 before? Check in your downloads directory or if you upgraded to V21, check the C:\ProgramData\Alibre LLC\Alibre Design\updates directory on your PC.
    Failing that, contact Alibre support.

5. wazzu83

wazzu83 Senior Member

Strangely, V21 is the only one that I don't have.

I did find the following files in the c:\user\x\AppData\Roaming\Alibre LLC\Alibre Design 21.0.2.21034\install folder

AlibreDesign_x64.msi
    AlibreDesign_x641.cab

Will launching the msi file do the trick?

BTW, I have contacted support, but doubt that I'll have answer before my meeting in the morning.

6. simonb65

Yes.

7. wazzu83

wazzu83 Senior Member

Simon,

Many thanks!!!

Reverting to V21 has saved my bacon.

wazzu

simonb65 likes this.