1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Holes in Atom 3D

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by HDS, Dec 20, 2019.

1. HDS

HDS New Member

In an older version of Alibre Home Edition so to speak that I had purchased several years ago, I seem to recall that the Hole function was available. Recently I purchased a current version of Atom 3D and don't find it, "Hole" function. Am I mistaken that it was in the older version of am I not looking in the right place?

Thanks ...

2. Ralf

Ralf Alibre Super User

Please take a look at the comparsion check list:
    Part-Modelling - 3D Creation
    Automatic Thread Features
    https://www.alibre.com/alibre-atom3d-comparison/

With Atom 3D you can create a Hole with:
    2D Sketch > Circle > Dimension
    3D Feature > Extrude Cut > Through All or a dimension

Last edited: Dec 20, 2019
  3. Peter L

Peter L New Member

Yes Ralph, you are correct. However, if they offered a hole wizard in the old home edition they should also offer it now. I miss having a hole wizard, I've bought the same level of software twice but got pared down version this time. It's disappointing really. Maybe an add on at least?

4. simonb65

simonb65 Alibre Super User

There is a few items/features/add-ons in ALL Alibre editions that you no longer get now, so its not just the low cost/hobby edition users that are disgruntled!

5. JST

JST Alibre Super User

The "expert" version seems not to have lost much, just the 3Dsystems stuff, which is a given since they do not own Alaibre anymore (ability to read stl files in, mostly).

Despite the fancy graphics really not working yet, I have to say I am reasonably well "gruntled" at the moment, with the prospect of being more so soon.

6. simonb65

simonb65 Alibre Super User

You used to get Surfacing (meshes), 5 seats, Motion and MOI 3D bundled with it when I first started out with Alibre! ... and that was before 3D systems neglected it.

7. dwc

dwc Alibre Super User

But the add-ons were only if you bought the top of the line version.
    From where I started (V10 Home) I have lost only the 3 seats, with the online licensing scheme that is not a problem.
    I still haven't found any CAD with a better cost/performance ratio anywhere, and much easier to use than the big boys on top of that.
    Now that 3DS is gone things are moving forward again... go... go... go...
    Not complaining,
    Don

simonb65 likes this.
  8. JST

JST Alibre Super User

Motion and Moi would have been good. I got into Alibre back at V2012 or so, and that was not available to me then.

9. DavidJ

DavidJ Alibre Super User Staff Member

MoI was one of several time limited promotional bundles offered over time with AD.