1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hint on editing parts in an Assembly

Discussion in 'Tutorials and Tips from the Community' started by jaysinn, Mar 16, 2018.

1. jaysinn

jaysinn Member

I had an Assembly where I created a New part within the Assembly, and even edited the part to some extent. Then I closed the Assembly window and further edited the part in a normal Part editing window. When I went back to the Assembly, the edited part wouldn't always behave like I wanted it to (like re-orienting it did not behave normally).
    The HINT IS THIS: If you have created a new part within an Assembly, but then you edit it outside the Assembly window, the best thing to do is delete the part from the Assembly and then re-insert it. Otherwise, there are constraints left over from the original creation of the part that may prevent you from doing what you want to do.

2. Lew_Merrick

Lew_Merrick Alibre Super User

jaysinn -- That happens because you changed the relationship of Features used to Constrain the Part into the Assembly. Pure and simple.

3. NateLiqGrav

NateLiqGrav Alibre Super User

I suggest watching Alibre's YouTube videos and using the "Edit Here" or "Edit In Separate Window" options.