1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

getting a new laptop

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wildwood58, Nov 27, 2019.

1. wildwood58

wildwood58 Senior Member

Trying to find the proper procedure for moving Alibre from my old laptop to the new one

2. DavidJ

DavidJ Alibre Super User Staff Member

3. simonb65

simonb65 Alibre Super User

I've just got a new laptop and compared to the old method of having 2 licenses, I have to say the new method is a right pain in the backside. I've already forgotten to release the license from my desktop and ended up at a customer not being able to get into Alibre and felt very embarrassed and awkward! Finally did it with the remote portal, but it was a right pain getting internet access to do it! I have another package that cost twice as much as Alibre and they let you install on any number of machines with a named commercial license (so you can have it on your desktop, laptop, workshop and development machines with no need to release). So, not a big fan of the current Alibre licensing at all, its too complicated for the single user ... and NO, being a one-man business it is not financially viable to purchase any of the other flexible license options, I may as well just buy 2 licenses! ... which is what I originally paid for when I first purchased Alibre!

4. sz0k30

sz0k30 Senior Member

X2