1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Frame Builder

Discussion in 'Alibre Script' started by NateLiqGrav, Dec 22, 2019.

1. Mika

Mika Senior Member

Is this possible to implement as a real tool on Alibre when it's ready?

2. NateLiqGrav

NateLiqGrav Alibre Super User

Possible yes, but I don't know the probability.

I will have another private beta test next week. If anyone wants to join in please let me know in a private message conversation on these forums or email me:
    nateliquidgravity(at_symbol)gmail(dot)com

cadtec and Mika like this.
  3. Mika

Mika Senior Member

I hope there will be some Alibre peoples reading this thread and giving you the possibility to start to bring it as a native tool...you have done so big work with it already.

4. DavidJ

DavidJ Alibre Super User Staff Member

Mika, the Alibre API allows production of Add-ons which can be linked to a button on the Add-ons ribbon or even have their own ribbon tab. You can find a few examples in the API section of forum.

Script uses the API, but is meant to be simpler to use/get started for those not having as much development experience - so scripts will typically be a little clunkier to launch, but you'll get access to things that may never be created as a full add-on. Alternatively, script might give a way to test out an idea, before putting in all the effort to produce an add-on.

Mika likes this.
  5. Mika

Mika Senior Member

So, if I'm using some tool via add-on, I do not need to see those codelines...just as in a scripts? If there will be fluently working Frame Builder Add-On, I'm ready to pay some to get it...

6. DavidJ

DavidJ Alibre Super User Staff Member

7. NateLiqGrav

NateLiqGrav Alibre Super User

With a "Protected" Alibre Script program the user doesn't see any code either - but I will admit that there are a couple more steps to run it.

cadtec and Mika like this.