1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forum upgrades/enhancements

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by HaroldL, Dec 26, 2020.

1. HaroldL

HaroldL Alibre Super User

As I recall, the old forum had a section at the bottom of each section page that showed the user names of anyone perusing that section. The main landing page showed all users that were logged in. The only thing we see with this forum is any Staff that may be online.
    Another thing is the list of users. The old forum listed every user that was registered now we only see the top 20, Why limit the list to 20 and not show all users?

I think it would be nice if those functions could be added to this forum.

Just sayin'.

2. simonb65

simonb65 Alibre Super User

Personally, I'd like to see some sensible contrasting colours on some areas of the forum so you can actually read it! For example ...

upload_2020-12-27_12-49-51.png

Not sure about you guys, but I can't read the dark grey on black text! ... especially when the popup also has a level of transparency too.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2020
    VoltsAndBolts likes this.
  3. bigseb

bigseb Alibre Super User

On that note, there used to be the option of a status update. This seems to have been removed but the status remains (and is massively out of date). Can't find a way to remove it.

4. simonb65

Bottom of your settings @bigseb ...

upload_2020-12-27_16-17-7.png

5. bigseb

bigseb Alibre Super User

That bottom bit... I don't have that.

6. bigseb

bigseb Alibre Super User

7. bigseb

bigseb Alibre Super User

The old unremovable status...

Capture.JPG

8. simonb65

How odd! :confused: Maybe that's because I haven't set a status yet ... once you do, the option to edit./remove doesn't show!

9. bigseb

bigseb Alibre Super User

Its not end of the world stuff... its just outdated (2018, I think). If the option to update statuses remained that would be ok, then I could change it.

10. HaroldL

HaroldL Alibre Super User

Can't you edit/change it on your Personal Details page?
    Status Message.png

11. bigseb

bigseb Alibre Super User

I don't have that either... :(

12. NateLiqGrav

NateLiqGrav Alibre Super User

simonb65 likes this.