1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

File Properties Vendor

Discussion in 'Alibre Script' started by idslk, Feb 13, 2020.

1. idslk

idslk Alibre Super User

Hello colleagues,

i've been asked about how to write a Vendor name from an script integrated list into the file properties. I decided, that this would maybe from interest for "others" too. So here a little script (with some additional checks) which does this job.
    upload_2020-2-13_19-58-59.png

upload_2020-2-13_19-59-15.png

upload_2020-2-13_20-0-26.png

upload_2020-2-13_20-0-42.png

upload_2020-2-13_20-0-56.png

For your own Vendors change the first line of the script:
    vendors = ['Richardson_ACME','TEXAS_GOODS','MasterMetal','Colorado_Supply','To be continued...']

Regards
    Stefan

Attached Files:

NateLiqGrav and TimoCAD like this.
  2. TimoCAD

TimoCAD Senior Member

More, more, more!!! Good Job!

Maybe also with "pickle"? So that you can edit and save the python lists in the script?

3. DavidJ

DavidJ Alibre Super User Staff Member

Thanks Stefan - that one was much easier for me to 'hack down' to pull out just the basic functionality to set an 'extended' property. Still a few things that I don't follow, but hopefully I'll get there.

4. Lew_Merrick

Lew_Merrick Alibre Super User

Hi Stefan -- David Jupp just forwarded me your code and it works for me in placing "Vendor ID" and "Document Number" into Library Part (and Assembly) files! Now, if I only understood the process by which you came up with this solution I might qualify as a Wise Man rather than only being a Wise Guy... -- Lew

5. DavidJ

DavidJ Alibre Super User Staff Member