1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Enabling "Sketch Options" on the Ribbon

Discussion in 'Using Alibre Design' started by miegorengman, Jan 10, 2020.

1. miegorengman

miegorengman New Member

I am new to Alibre Atom3D. I am currently looking for ways to flip and rotate sketch components. The following YouTube video refers the user to the "Sketch Options" section of the ribbon.

I have been unable to located the "Sketch Options" features or a means to enable them. If anyone can explain how to enable them or offer alternate methods to achieve that same function I would appreciate it.

Attached Files:

2. albie0803

albie0803 Alibre Super User

For flip you can use mirror but the move/rotate function seems to not be part of the included subset of sketch tools in Atom3d.

For rotate try
    upload_2020-1-10_18-7-16.png

and then change the angle

upload_2020-1-10_18-8-3.png

Just make sure the sketch doesn't have any vertical or horizontal constraints.

3. idslk

idslk Alibre Super User

Hello @miegorengman ,

i don't know if the function is available in Atom3D, but maybe thisTread helps a little bit...
    Further it would be interesting to know what you want to get. It might be possible to get the result with a feature operation. There should be a mirror and a circular pattern function available.

Regards
    Stefan

4. miegorengman

miegorengman New Member

@albie0803 thank you for the examples, much appreciated.

@idslk I was attempted to make the following shape, below is Project to Sketch of the final result.

I had began with 3 circles, one for each end and one for the arc between. I then wanted to copy and flip the bottom arc with a circle to overlay it on the and provide the top arc, a method I have been using since my introduction to MS Paint. The 2D Sketch Mirror description led me to create a Reference Line between the centers of the right and left circle and then mirror the arc to achieve my final result. That said, I do miss the simplicity of rotating a specific object.
    Pic.png

Thank you both very much for your insights :)