1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Early access

Discussion in 'v21 Pre-Release' started by Max, Mar 3, 2020.

1. Max

Max Administrator Staff Member

Hello, if anyone is interested in trying the v21 beta please find it here:

Build 21021:
    https://www.alibre.com/AlibreDownloads/AlibreDesignV21_setup_x64_21.0.0.21021.exe

License Key:
    alibre-v21-beta

Important Install Instructions:
    If you are installing the beta on the same machine as your regular license, you must first release the license via Home Window > Utilities > Release License prior to uninstalling your current version and installing the beta. Now, after installing the beta, you can enter the new beta license key.

Please keep a record of your regular license key as you will eventually need it when you stop using the beta.

As usual, do not save your production work files in this beta unless they are backed up. Saves made in pre-release versions may not be usable when the actual version ships.

Notes:
    • The Help system is not updated yet (as of March 3).
    • We would like you to play with assembly constraints and let us know your feedback.
    • Some textured cosmetic thread issues exist in this build, but should generally be stable.
    • See all the things you can play with on the v21 feature page.

Release Considerations:
    • Textured Cosmetic Threads is still an implementation in progress. We've seen some significant performance issues in large assemblies that are not acceptable and will decide in the next days whether assembly-level thread display will be available in v21 or later in v22 after further optimization occurs.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2020
    MKR, oilman, simonb65 and 6 others like this.
  2. SDMCATI

SDMCATI Member

That's great, waiting for official launch

3. bigseb

bigseb Alibre Super User

Playing around with it now. Avast went berserk for while and through up a ton of warnings but its running now. Haven't done a lot with it yet but so far:

Things I like:
    Tree looks much neater than before.
    Accessability of materials list, colours, etc (at top of tree)
    Ability to turn off tree items I don't need like vertices and redlines.
    Textured threads. The Seb, he like.

Really the custom properties and materials could have been included but its is what it is.

VoltsAndBolts likes this.
  4. Max

Not sure what this means?

A new material editor is slated for v22. We did custom properties in v21 and it should be available in the part data tab at the bottom.

5. bigseb

bigseb Alibre Super User

Typo. Meant to say "really wish...."

6. Max

Gotcha. Well half of it is there now , try it out :D

7. Lew_Merrick

Lew_Merrick Alibre Super User

Hi Max -- Being in the same position as always (1 computer and work going on all the time, so uninstalling & reinstalling to swap between the beta and work version causes me too much grief), what has changed with respect to the alibre_unicode_custom.mtl dataset? Advance warning on such changes would allow me to be better prepared. -- Lew

8. DavidJ

DavidJ Alibre Super User Staff Member

Lew - nothing yet. As Max mentioned above, changes to materials will be in v22.

9. Lew_Merrick

Hi David -- Understood, but do you have any real idea how much data I need to organize to get ready? -- Lew

10. DavidJ

DavidJ Alibre Super User Staff Member

Lew - though it went 'off topic' somewhat, Max originally discussed Materials Library and related stuff in https://alibreforum.com/forum/index.php?threads/material-library-wishlist.21328/

I'm sure Max will update that thread, or start a new one, as this gets closer. Current materials data is pretty limited, and I'd imagine that thought will be given to how user will migrate any existing custom data.

11. Lew_Merrick

Hi David -- I would love to have a much :richer" dataset (proving once again that I am as sharp as a drill and twice asa boring) to include such things as: Tensile Modulus. Shear Modulus, Yield Stress, Ultimate Tensile Stress, Tangent Modulus, Poisson's Ratio, Maximum Operating Temperature, and the like. I do have a rather massive amount of such data courtesy of collecting it for the USAF and NASA. -- Lew

12. idslk

idslk Alibre Super User

Hello Max,
    nice to see that there are "only a few steps" to release ;-)
    Regards
    Stefan

Hello Lew,
    what will you do with this values inside Alibre?
    Regards
    Stefan

13. Lew_Merrick

Hi Stefan -- (A) As a user of FEMDesigner I would like to get a "direct link:" from one to the other. (B) Assuming I coule access (say) Maximum Operating Temperature correctly and use it properly, it would make for a valuable cross-check. [The fact is that most Aluminums lose most of their stress capability at (about) 440°F (227°C).

Also, I would like very much to define Datums in Part or Assembly models (as I am already asking for a miracle). -- Lew

14. TimoCAD

TimoCAD Senior Member

Hey Lew, I thought Fem designer is only able to have ideal elastoplastic behavior, so no need for tangent modulus or am I wrong?

15. MichaeeeL

MichaeeeL Member

the V21 is really nice, I love the implementations!.. but is possible have the function "regenerate to last feature" automatically if I modify a function in the three?

simonb65 likes this.
  16. albie0803

albie0803 Alibre Super User

tree?

17. domcm

domcm Senior Member

A few early observations:

1) When using Hoops graphics and the built in PDF writer, cross section hatches do not honor the hatch color setting – they always print in blue:

hatch.png

2) For large assemblies with many constraints, switching constraints between standard and mechanical tabs is too slow. See video in attached zip file.

3) Icons near edges of Alibre window are being clipped when window is maximized. I am running on a 2560 x 1440 display @ 150% display scaling.

icon_clipping.png

Attached Files:

18. Lew_Merrick

Hi Timo -- I am (shall we say) "in discussion" with James as to such "advances." Having collected a rather massive amount of Materials Property data for the USAF and NASA i am loathe to not include it in such datasets. -- Lew

19. netcp

netcp Member

Small issue: If the color of a part was changed the switch from cosmetic Threads view to none dont work until the part will be manually regenerated Or threads view is changed to colored.

20. netcp

netcp Member

The textured cosmetic thread view seem to dont show the selected face Color?