1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discovered unknown things never before seen.

Discussion in 'Using Alibre Design' started by Happycamper, Jun 21, 2020.

1. Happycamper

Happycamper Member

I purchased for the princely sum of $30.00 from amazon SOLIDWORKS EXERCISES. Therein are samples of real life parts in manufacturing. Quire interesting. However, uninvited things are happening now and then. I uploaded exercise 25 and as you go down the tree silly things are happening near the bottom.
    Wish I knew why.

Open for all feed back

Attached Files:

2. Lew_Merrick

Lew_Merrick Alibre Super User

Happycamper -- I suggest that Extrusion <3> (which ought to be renamed) really ought to be a Revolve instead. -- Lew

3. HaroldL

HaroldL Alibre Super User

Without seeing the drawing you are working off of it's hard to tell what you mean by "silly things are happening".
    What is the part supposed to look like?

One thing I noticed is that the sketches for some of the features are not fully constrained. Making sure you use fully constrained sketches is one way of making sure that "silly things" don't happen.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2020
  4. bigseb

bigseb Alibre Super User

Link please :)

5. bigseb

bigseb Alibre Super User

Also had a look at your part. Seems fine. As Harold says, without seeing what you're working off and more details on the problem its kinda hard to comment.

6. HaroldL

HaroldL Alibre Super User

How many examples did you get for your $30?'

For modeling "practice" and just to see how other CAD programs, or at least their "tutors", create models I usually watch videos from SolidWorks, Inventor or OnShape on YouTube. One of the Inventor "tutors" gave a link to a Korean web site where he got his drawings from.
    If you go to STUDYCADCAM you will find a lot of examples to practice on. Granted the focus is on AutoCAD or Inventor but the drawings serve equally well for Alibre. He also gave a link to a dropbox where a lot of the drawings were down loaded to. I suppose he meant for the Inventor community to use these files but it seems like a good repository for practice drawings.

(That will be $30 please.);):)

Last edited: Jun 26, 2020