1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Design Contest 2017

Discussion in 'News' started by Max, Sep 14, 2017.

1. Max

Max Administrator Staff Member

Alibre, LLC is hosting a design contest beginning 9/15/17 and ending 11/17/2017! Just upload your designs / photos / renders to the User Gallery section to be considered.

Prizes
    1. Grand Prize (1) - choice of USD $1000 or a free copy of Alibre Design Expert
    2. 2nd Place (1) - choice of USD $500 or a free copy of Alibre Design Professional
    3. 3rd Place (1) - choice of USD $250 or a free year of maintenance
    4. Honorable Mention (3) - An Alibre t-shirt and 6 months of maintenance

How to enter:
    1. Click User Gallery at the top of the forum
    2. Create a new Album with images of your design
      1. If you are submitting more than one design, create a separate Album for each
      2. The albums accept images of any resolution, so nice, high quality images are appreciated
      3. Suggestions include a screenshot of the 3D Model, renderings, and images of the actual design once it has been manufactured.
    3. Albums created between these dates will be automatically entered into the contest, noting that in some countries these types of contests are against the law, or require more than just this notice to be lawful, and should a winner be chosen from such a country, an alternate prize may be given or an alternate winner may be chosen.
    How a winner is chosen:
    1. The community will chose 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place via voting on the forum. Alibre, LLC will choose 3 Honorable Mention winners.
    2. On or around 11/18/2017 Alibre will select a pool of the highest quality entries representing a variety criteria such as:
      1. Complexity
      2. The "cool" factor
      3. Quality of submission (e.g. 500x300 pixel images would be "low quality")
      4. Uniqueness
    3. On or around 11/20/17 Alibre will create a forum post and notify users to vote on their favorites
    4. We will tally the top 3 vote receiving designs.
    5. In the event of a tie, Alibre, LLC will break the tie at its discretion.

Prizes
    1. Grand Prize (1) - choice of USD $1000 or a free copy of Alibre Design Expert
    2. 2nd Place (1) - choice of USD $500 or a free copy of Alibre Design Professional
    3. 3rd Place (1) - choice of USD $250 or a free year of maintenance
    4. Honorable Mention (3) - An Alibre t-shirt and 6 months of maintenance
    Eligibilty
    Designs must be created or substantially created in Alibre Design software. No purchase is necessary to win, and purchasing will not increase your chances of winning. Different countries have different rules for contests. If you live in a country where this kind of contest or prize is not lawful, or where these rules and notices do not constitute lawful rules or notices, you are unfortunately ineligible.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
  2. bigseb

bigseb Alibre Super User

Awesome. Came second last time.

Its on.

Alexander, Jonathan and RedOctober like this.
  3. neilr

neilr Senior Member

Very cool now I have some incentive to finish a few projects...

4. neilr

neilr Senior Member

Question: The Gallery is just the images and renders not uploading the actual model?

5. bigseb

bigseb Alibre Super User

Correct

6. Max

Though if you would like to share the model we would love to have it: www.alibre.com/share

7. omegacnc

omegacnc New Member

So haw do you know it's done in Alibre?

8. Max

Hi Omegacnc - welcome to the forums! It's pretty easy to verify once it becomes important to do so. We hope you are able to contribute!

9. omegacnc

omegacnc New Member

Well, yes, however I've got a really old version of Alibre , like 7 . I think I was a first customer in my country. Anyway let's give it a try.

10. jhiker

jhiker Alibre Super User

How do you upload new content to an existing album? It's not at all clear.

11. RocketNut

RocketNut Alibre Super User

1) Open User Gallery.
    2) Click Upload New Gallery.
    3) Select the then Album from the drop list.
    4) Upload the image you want to add to your Album.

I hope that helps:)

12. jhiker

jhiker Alibre Super User

Cheers ;)

13. HaroldL

HaroldL Alibre Super User

I can see the poll results but will there be some sort of announcement about the winning design contest entries?

14. dsdrumh

dsdrumh New Member

I was notified over a week ago that I won with the D1 chronometer. I don't know about 2nd etc.

15. oldfox

oldfox Senior Member

2nd with Model V8 Airplane Engine.
    And congratulations D.S.

16. RocketNut

My "APU Power Unit" won an honorable mention :confused:

Last edited: Dec 17, 2017
  17. oldfox

oldfox Senior Member

Congrats 'Nut.

RocketNut likes this.
  18. RocketNut

Thanks

19. bigseb

bigseb Alibre Super User

Well done everyone.

20. VoltsAndBolts

VoltsAndBolts Member

Yes great work guys. Good to see people doing good work with AD.