1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Creating Cross Section and exporting in DXF format

Discussion in 'Using Alibre Design' started by asiwizard, Dec 3, 2019 at 8:27 AM.

1. asiwizard

asiwizard New Member

I am completely new to Alibre and have quote proposals to create. Customer sent me PDF and 3D Models of two Wheels. I need to open the Solid Model, which I have done in Alibre Design 2019. Create a Section, I used Inspect/Activate XY Plane. Orientation to show XY PLane which shows the Cross Section. Then save, but a DXF format save is not offered.

2. DavidJ

DavidJ Alibre Super User Staff Member

You don't need to create section in 3D. Just create a 2D drawing of the 3d solid, then add a section view

- you can export from 2D drawing workspace as DXF.

Also the Inspect section is a dynamic trick done using the video card - it doesn't really exist.

3. asiwizard

asiwizard New Member

Thanks for the reply DavidJ. I stumbled into the 2D creation, which imported the 3D Model views. If I could copy/past the XY plane section from the 3d Drawing, I would be done. But I can't find how to Copy/Paste a View. Odd.
    So I played over and over again with creating a Section. It created a View, but it was another Side View, not a Section View.
    I will watch your Video now, thanks. AlanP