1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

COPYING TITLE BLOCKS?

Discussion in 'Using Alibre Design' started by sz0k30, Jun 29, 2020 at 2:26 PM.

1. sz0k30

sz0k30 Senior Member

A long time ago I created my own A thru E size borders with title blocks. Now I've decided to redo the title blocks. I've revised one of my borders with the new block. Other than recreating this separately on each border, what would be the easiest way to do this?

Thanks.

2. HaroldL

HaroldL Alibre Super User

Create and save out a custom symbol then insert that into your other drawing formats. Note that you need to be in sketch mode to create the symbol.

simonb65 likes this.
  3. sz0k30

sz0k30 Senior Member

Almost. When I create the symbol, it includes all the lines, but not all of the text?

4. HaroldL

:confused: Hmmm, When I activate "Sketch on sheet" and WINDOW select a title block it selects all the lines and Text Fields and Text Labels.

title block selection.png

5. sz0k30

sz0k30 Senior Member

upload_2020-6-29_16-17-15.png

For some reason it doesn't include the "Third angle projection note, or tolerance note or tolerances?

It doesn't recognize them as "Smart notes".

Looks like I have to make them "Labels"

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020 at 3:45 PM
  6. HaroldL

I created those notes on my formats as custom symbols that were inserted later.

7. sz0k30

sz0k30 Senior Member

Seems in doing this I have wound up with a few custom symbols, including some that are not being used, but I can't delete them? Can they be deleted?

8. HaroldL

If you are editing the format you should be able to delete the extra symbols.
    I just looked at a couple of my other templates and they have the tolerance block and proprietary note placed as label text. So at some point I must have made a change from symbols to Labels.

9. sz0k30

sz0k30 Senior Member

Hey Harold, Thanks for your help:)