1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Conversations (alternative to Private Message)

Discussion in 'Features of the New Forum + Discussion' started by DavidJ, Nov 1, 2017.

1. DavidJ

DavidJ Alibre Super User

I've noticed a few users putting things in their Profile Status that seems to be a response to a specific point raised elsewhere.

Just in case people haven't realised, hovering cursor over the mail symbol (inbox) towards top right of screen will bring up an option to start a new conversation. This is equivalent to a Private Message on other sites.

I've also seen at least one question about Alibre Design asked in a Profile Status - to have any chance of being seen and responded to, such questions should be posted as a thread (ideally in the most relevant area of the site). See Orange colour 'Post a New Thread' button bottom and top right of screen in each area of the site.

Jonathan likes this.
  2. HaroldL

HaroldL Alibre Super User

I have to actually click on the button in my Firfox.

3. albie0803

albie0803 Alibre Super User

hover works in my firefox

4. bigseb

bigseb Alibre Super User

Mine too. But unhovering doesn't make it go away. Have to click on empty space for that.

5. NateLiqGrav

NateLiqGrav Alibre Super User

Conversations are missing the ability to attach files. Can this be turned on?

bigseb likes this.
  6. bigseb

bigseb Alibre Super User

+1 for this. Also insert image for screen grabs. Ideally a conversation should be a private thread (in terms of functionality).

albie0803, oldfox and VoltsAndBolts like this.