1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

constraint window shows blank when CTRL + mouse click

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Drutort, May 15, 2020.

1. Drutort

Drutort Senior Member

Am I the only one that noticed this issue described below:

When using CTRL + mouse click on constraint

Here is the problem:

I have existing constraint, either broken or want to change
    I CTRL +double double Left click on the constraint, the window pops up and items selected
    Great I make my changes, click on the check

NEXT: I do the same step with the constraint window still open (which is blank, because I finished the previous constraint)
    CTRL + double Left click on a different constraint I wish to fix/change

what happens? I get a blank constraint window (which pretty much nothing happens as I had it blank and open before, so the CTRL + double click is not working with an existing open constraint window even though its blank)

Only solution is to close/cancel the constraint window every time and restart the steps.

Is this by design or a bug?

Either way I would like to be able to just keep moving from constraint to constraint without having to cancel/close the window every time.

Last edited: May 15, 2020
  2. HaroldL

HaroldL Alibre Super User

When I use Ctrl+LMB click nothing happens. :confused:
    However if I Ctrl+ Double LMB click I enter edit mode for that constraint. (Didn't know that short cut existed - nice to know.)
    Seems normal to me that you'd have to close that dialog before editing another constraint. Kind of like editing feature sketches.

Drutort likes this.
  3. Drutort

Drutort Senior Member

Ya I meant to say double click, but it is annoying that if I double click, it does not transition to the one that I am trying to edit/open, I think it should, having to close/cancel the constraint window is quite annoying and slows the workflow IMO

albie0803 likes this.