1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Color of interference

Discussion in 'Using Alibre Design' started by dsage, Jul 18, 2015.

1. dsage

dsage Senior Member

Does anyone know how to change the color of interferences identified when you do an interference check. They come up blue (like everything else selected). I'd like to change them to red so they are more prominent.

Thanks

Sage

2. TylerDurden

TylerDurden Alibre Super User

Red would be nice, particularly since that is how it is indicated in the icon... but no such luck.

The color of hover and selection can be changed though, in the system options.

3. Lew_Merrick

Lew_Merrick Alibre Super User

PLEASE let's get away from fixed settings for such things! That is why (going back to CP/M days) configuration files were developed. I cannot see true red colors (courtesy of a "joke" played on me with a neon-argon LASER back in the 1970's). We should be able to set our own preferred colors for anything in the system!

ProE/CREO uses red on a black background -- something that may as well be invisible for me!

4. Sturmer

Sturmer Senior Member

Any info about this - i hate the white interface of the drawings... Is it possible to change everything to "Black" color ? The Sketch and modeling is relatively straight forward - but the most crucial - Drawings and annotation ... it burns my eyes to work in ....

Alexander likes this.
  5. simonb65

simonb65 Alibre Super User

There are probably a lot of colours used by elements in the application that are hard coded (for what ever reason) and could be added to the System Options -> Color Scheme to make things more customisable to peoples workflow and cross familiarity with other application they use! Plus better usability for those users with colour blindness.

If you want them added ... raise a support ticket and request it! particularly if the versions following v22 are going to be aimed at User Interface improvements (overhaul?)

Last edited: Oct 13, 2020
  6. JST

JST Alibre Super User

Before we get all involved with colors (interior design efforts, aka arranging deck chairs), it would be good to get some meaningful help with lofts and chamfers, which still are problematic.

And 3D sketching, which is still pretty clumsy, IMO. and.... and.... a whole list of function-oriented problems people have brought up.

I DO agree, fixed colors for things like interferences is an issue, because such things that you want to see may become invisible simply by being the same color as other items.