1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clickety-clickety-clickety-click to do things.... the "centipede with tap shoes"

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JST, Mar 4, 2019.

1. bigseb

bigseb Alibre Super User

Actually I agree.

2. jfleming

jfleming Senior Member

It is wonky and it's the same thing that's been in place with Microsoft Paint since Windows 95. It is terrrible. It would be nice to save/name the colors as you choose, unlimited number.

oldfox likes this.
  3. JST

JST Alibre Super User

Not at all. I have done that many times, because I do not use the feature a lot.

Forget the "which square should be the default".... that is the WRONG QUESTION.

The "default" is ACTUALLY the COLOR, not the square.... if one of the squares is OTHER THAN the default color, then if you try to change it, there should be a question "do you want to change the previous custom color", or the equivalent.

4. MilesH

MilesH Alibre Super User

I would have thought that something like dragging and dropping your custom colour onto the square where you want to store it would be the obvious way to go. It's a singular action of intent.
    Not: Click here to gain focus in the square you want to save it. Oh! The Part colour I wanted to modify has now disappeared and because I clicked on a blank (white) square, now I have to start from scratch!

bigseb likes this.
  5. oldfox

oldfox Alibre Super User

]
    I used the word "default" in the context of MilesH's question. The first square IS the default SQUARE. Not in the context of the MS Color dialog.

If you prompt with a question that has to be answered before advancing, wouldn't that be just another Clickety-Click?

"DEFAULT COLOR" as in "Make Deafult" control is only for assigning the CHOSEN color as the color for NEW PARTS. It has nothing to do with
    custom colors.

You'll have to check with MS on that one. I would guess that Alibre can't do anything about it.

6. NateLiqGrav

NateLiqGrav Alibre Super User

7. idslk

idslk Senior Member

Hello colleagues,

on the other hand the same windows colorbox is used in Katja, Solliwords, Interventor... or how they all are named ;-) seen at a little internet search...

And may be a good question:
    How many different colors do you use in your designs?

Regards
    Stefan

8. bigseb

bigseb Alibre Super User

Yes! This exactly!

9. oldfox

oldfox Alibre Super User

I agree, but I think it would take a lot of new coding on Alibre's part. I would rather see the energy spent on setting up a default focus when a
    dialog is closed, when in Part Edit mode.

Now to get back on subject of this thread.

10. JST

JST Alibre Super User

If you mean pull up a selector window, then select color, drag it to a part or feature, and drop it onto that, then do same for next, without ever closing the color selector....... then YES YES YES.

Or something similar to the MSWord "format painter"..... that could be good also, to copy a color to multiple places.

Either would be far better than doing the full open/open/select/approve/approve" tap dance for each individual part that gets the same color

If it has a good reason, then it is OK. When there is a question of "Do you really want to blow away all the work you just did, totally LOSE it, and do this instead?", then it has a good reason.

It is stuff that is not needed, where the feature should be in the previous window, etc, but the S/W makes you click to a new window, do whatever, and then click several times to get back again, that is an issue.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019 at 5:28 PM