1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Circular Pattern Problem

Discussion in 'Using Alibre Design' started by RocketNut, Oct 22, 2019.

1. RocketNut

RocketNut Alibre Super User

Howdy

I am having a problem with a Circular Pattern. I want to do a circular pattern of the two linkages outlined by the box 22 times, but when I did the pattern the linkages do not constant like they should do (as shown in the attached screenshot).

Has anyone came across this problem? Or have clue what is caising the problem.

Here is a link to the package file:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/o7681xs63epxb6c/TurboRockBurner 1.5meter V3 Unit ASM.AD_PKG?dl=0

Circular Pattern Problem.jpg

2. JST

JST Alibre Super User

I thought there used to be an option to have the copied stuff either aligned radially, or to stay in the same absolute orientation. I assume that is what you mean.

Maybe that is with a different circular pattern dialog, but I am reasonably sure at least one does that. The others should as well.

3. HaroldL

HaroldL Alibre Super User

That is a bit odd. The copies should be oriented the same as the original. Is this the only pattern that is having this issue?
    You've probably already done so, but I'd double check the center point of the pattern.

4. RocketNut

This is the only pattern that is not working. Yes, the axis is correct because the linkages are in there proper place just not constrained properly.

5. RocketNut

6. JST

JST Alibre Super User

Ah. I see now that the mechanism parts have moved for the copies. It was not clear to me what you were talking about. Perhaps "constant" is supposed to be "contact", "connect", or the like......

7. NateLiqGrav

NateLiqGrav Alibre Super User

I've seen this kind of thing before. I usually redo the array from scratch and that fixes it.

8. RocketNut

Did that a couple of times now, all with the same results.

9. idslk

idslk Alibre Super User

Due to a lack of time, i've taken only a short look:
    The orientation which is patterned, seems to come from the saved configrations of the ball linkage.
    I'm not sure why...
    May it's worth a try to save two seperate ball linkage assemblies, put them seperatly into the main assembly, constrain them there and do a save all.
    Regards
    Stefan

10. RocketNut

I have tried that without success!! I also tried to manually insert the linkages as separate assemblies, but a constraint error pops up. Then if I suppress the constrain of the linkage between the control ring and bell crank, then unsuppressed it come back without any errors (simply weird)!!!!