1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Check this out

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Max, May 8, 2019.

1. Max

Max Administrator Staff Member

I'll just leave this here :D

2. albie0803

albie0803 Alibre Super User

Oh YES!!!

3. David Milway

David Milway Member

Fantastic new tool!

4. MilesH

MilesH Alibre Super User

5. slipstick

slipstick Member

Sweet!

6. swertel

swertel Alibre Super User

Amazing the difference in development when a company is under proper ownership/management/leadership.

MKR, oilman and jfnewman like this.
  7. oilman

oilman Member

Very cool! I am eagerly awaiting this release :cool:

8. IonSteve

IonSteve Member

I'm gonna be real honest here . . . I just came really close to licking my computer screen. Want. Want want want want want. Want.

9. Lew_Merrick

Lew_Merrick Alibre Super User

Yes, it is potentially really neat (says the guy who regularly has to delete Section Views, recreate and limit them).. But gaining access and control of data buried in File Properties->General->Paert Data (etc.) is of much greater immediate use to me!

TimoCAD and jfleming like this.
  10. HaroldL

HaroldL Alibre Super User

Good, now we're getting into SolidWorks territory, It looks good in the model workspace but can the section views be used on a drawing?

11. bigseb

bigseb Alibre Super User

Looks amazing. Still hoping for 'shaded with no tangent edges' though. Far as I know that isn't included (yet?).

12. Max

Max Administrator Staff Member

Those realtime ones cannot be, yet. But I could see pulling realtime sectioning right into 2D drawings later. They can't be saved, and you can't make arbitrarily oriented planes. All things to come later.

13. albie0803

albie0803 Alibre Super User

jfleming likes this.
  14. jc-s

jc-s Member

Just brilliant!

15. Lew_Merrick

Lew_Merrick Alibre Super User

Whereas I do not disagree with Albie, my thought places more emphasis on "polishing" and "documenting" Features, Relationships, and Actions. Why, after most of a decade Hole Preset Systems ("Values" as a better term) not more well defined in the Documenmtation and the CSV for it located with the other CSV files? [Just to cite one example.]