1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Change the Title Block?

Discussion in 'Using Alibre Design' started by jfleming, Jul 29, 2020.

1. jfleming

jfleming Senior Member

Is there a quick/easy way to update my old title blocks to the new style that is being utilized? I'm thinking the answer is NO, and that I have to RE-DRAW the entire drawing if I want to accomplish that.

Please advise. Thanks.

2. HaroldL

HaroldL Alibre Super User

Not sure what you mean by the "new style" but if you mean to change the drawing format of existing drawings you can RMB click on the sheet in the Drawing Explorer and select Sheet Properties. From there you can select a new format.

3. simonb65

simonb65 Alibre Super User

RMB on the Sheet and select Sheet Properties, then select another template with a new title block layout ...

upload_2020-7-29_18-26-20.png

Edit: @HaroldL , beat me to it!!

There is one caveat in that if your current template (title block) contains images (bmp, jpg) then changing the template doesn't remove the old images if those have changed. You need to go into the design explorer and manually delete the images that are not required anymore.

4. sz0k30

sz0k30 Senior Member

X2

Just did that to a bunch of mine.

5. jfleming

jfleming Senior Member

Thank you fellas! This is exactly what I needed to do. Awesome. Another +1 for Alibre!!!