1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

change sync between drawing and model

Discussion in 'Using Alibre Design' started by lamonhard, Jun 27, 2020.

1. lamonhard

lamonhard New Member

I have no problem to sync drawing dimension when the model dimension is changed (here need save model first), but when I make change to the drawing dimension (and save the drawing after the change), the model dimension will not not update till I close the model and reopen it. Any way or a button to refresh and update the model to reflect the related drawing change? I tried "generate to latest feature" and "Regenerate all" buttons, both not working.
    Thanks

2. DavidJ

DavidJ Alibre Super User Staff Member

If you make changes to driving dimensions in 2D drawing, or if you 'Edit 3D Model' from the 2D Drawing, the model will update - BUT if you have the model open separately, that is another instance and is not directly connected to the instance being used by the drawing. Be careful of workflows that have more than one instance of any file open - things may seem not to update, and in some cases changes can be lost.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2020 at 6:57 AM
  3. lamonhard

lamonhard New Member

Thanks David. It will be a best practice always modify the 3D model and refresh updating the drawing.

4. Hunter

Hunter Senior Member

I have found that if I can "Save As" a file that is in an assembly that I'm working on (that I've got open), then trouble is waiting... Just a simple way to check.