1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Centre Of Mass Suggestion

Discussion in 'Using Alibre Design' started by bigseb, Mar 27, 2021.

?

Should COM values be available in the EE

1. Aye

100.0%
  2. Nay

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. bigseb

bigseb Alibre Super User

Been following the thread Centre Of Mass and thought maybe this might be a solution for some:

Allow the X, Y and Z co-ords of the centre of mass to be used as EE values.

In use: After calculating physical properties a check box should be made available that, when checked, automatically adds these values to the EE (eg: comX, comY, comZ).

I assume that making these realtime values i.e. that they auto-update as the design progress may be to resource hungry for most PC's. Dunno. Perhaps soem Alibre folk can chip in...

2. NateLiqGrav

NateLiqGrav Alibre Super User

Why? Wouldn't any features you use them for result in their values changing - and result in the feature changing - and result in their values changing - ....

3. bigseb

bigseb Alibre Super User

That what I addressed in my last paragraph.

So to clarify: If this were to be implemented then either a) the values auto-update as the design progresses or b) the values would only update when you recalculate the physical properties...

4. idslk

idslk Alibre Super User

Hello Sebastian,
    have you checked the CoG-Script ? It does produce EE-Values if you run it an also adds a creation date for this point. Ready to use...
    Regards
    Stefan