1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can't edit stl export parameters

Discussion in '3D Printing' started by grants2, Aug 14, 2019.

1. grants2

grants2 New Member

The parameter table on export is greyed out on export stl. Trying to edit from the home page system options/interoperability/stl is also greyed out. All the choices are red circle/slashed

I've exported a number of stl's for 3d printing without any problems. Now they are totally unusable garbage angles/blocks etc. No changes I know of to create this problem.

Need some help as Alibre is currently useless.

Alibre Design™ Expert
    Alibre Design Version: 2018.0.1 64-bit [Build 19033]

2. DavidJ

DavidJ Alibre Super User Staff Member

You have to check the check box to be able to use each of the available parameters, then the 'custom' box if you want values other than those offered by the slider.

3. grants2

grants2 New Member

The problem is nothing can be checked in the window. Check boxes included. My post was a bit misleading in that this problem exists only on a new PC. I released the license to the old PC and everything works fine. On the new PC the STL export doesn't work properly and can't be configured per initial post. Same version Alibre, different Lenovo X1's.

4. DavidJ

DavidJ Alibre Super User Staff Member

If some aspect of the user interface isn't behaving correctly, or is not visible, try re-setting user profile from link on Utilities Tab of Home Window.