1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can you share seats of Alibre?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by georgeb, May 15, 2018.

1. georgeb

georgeb New Member

Can someone please let me know, in their experience, if we can share seats of Alibre? We have a summer student coming for this summer who needs access to the software just for a few months. Does Alibre allow for sharing of seats? If so how do we do this? Thanks ahead of time.

2. simonb65

simonb65 Alibre Super User

I would just release the license key on your normal machine, installed Alibre on the students PC and let them use you licence key for a while. The way Alibre works is that a single license key can only activate one install of Alibre Design at any one time! Now if others need to use it in that time period, setup a dedicated CAD PC with the Licenced Alibre on it and let it be hot seated between yourself and the student ... I think that allowed!! Correct me if I'm wrong.

3. Lew_Merrick

Lew_Merrick Alibre Super User

George -- I would guess that a call into Alibre could generate an (if you will) "90-Day Trial" for some nominal charge. [Mind you, I have argued that a "30 day trial" period is too short a time for most small businesses to give Alibre a good "shake down" test.]

4. Ralf

Ralf Alibre Super User

+1