1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Broken Text Boxes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by batejosh, May 14, 2018.

1. batejosh

batejosh Member

Hi Forum,

I'm running Alibre 2017.0 (not on active maintenance), on Windows 10. I updated Windows last night, and it seems to have broken text boxes in drawings. I can't edit or create text fields in new or existing drawings. I have restarted Alibre several times, and restarted my computer all to no avail. The only change I know of is the windows 10 update.

Are any of you experiencing the same issue?

Thanks

2. CJI

CJI New Member

Yes me too I'm running Geomagic Design Version:[ 2015.1.1 ] 64-bit.

Also I can't edit tables I get this error message: geomagic attempt to access index 220; valid range is 0..219

3. batejosh

batejosh Member

Hi CJI,

I'm glad I'm not the only one! The final response from support was: "We are aware that the version you have installed has some issues for a few users on Windows 10, related to font management which yields this error message as well. This issue was resolved in later releases (actually fixed in v2017.1). You can renew maintenance to gain access to the newest version which contains the fix for this error."

Alas, we have given up and bought maintenance...

4. ennech

ennech Member

I am getting the same thing on Windows 10 since it updated last week. I have Alibre on another machine running Windows 7 and it's ok.

5. rogpf44

rogpf44 Senior Member

Hello,
    Any new information on this issue?
    I am not on maintenance and am using version 2017.0.
    I was thinking about upgrading to windows 10, but this thread has put a temporary halt to that.
    I need to upgrade to win 10 due to requirements of my other software(video). But this would end me using Alibre, at least that's what I understand of the issue.

I am not using Alibre for any paying jobs, but for me that is not the problem. Due to ill health, and not being as active as I would like, I currently volunteer my time helping others with small projects. This gives me a reason to get through the day sometimes as prototype design has been my passion for years.

Alibre was very fair recently upgrading me to ver 2017 from “that other company”, and I appreciate that very much. But if I understand the issue correctly here my time using the product is limited.

Before anyone suggest maintenance, my current income is below $1000 a month, so this is out of the question for me.

I am hoping for a “work around” for using ver2017 with win10.

Thank you,
    Ernie

6. rogpf44

rogpf44 Senior Member

Hello,

Does anyone know if this issue happens with Windows 8/8.1? (ver2017.0)

Thank you,
    Ernie

7. Lew_Merrick

Lew_Merrick Alibre Super User

Hi Ernie -- No, I do not know. I admit to having been "spoiled" by General CADD's advanced Block of Text tools and I really would like to see Alibre catch up to where General CADD was in the mid-1990's. It is painful to create an SAE standard or MIL standard Spring Drawing given the limitations existing in Alibre today.

8. batejosh

batejosh Member

Hi Ernie,

I'm afraid I don't know if the issue happens with Windows 8/8.1. You might want to ask support. I'm afraid that the only fix for me was going on maintenance. Otherwise you may have to dual-boot windows - one with Windows 10 for your other programs, and one for windows 7 for Alibre.

9. batejosh

batejosh Member

Update: even the latest version of Alibre doesn't seem to fully play will with the latest Windows 10 update (1803) - editing all tables in drawings seems to be broken for me. There go my revision blocks...

10. DavidJ

DavidJ Alibre Super User

Alibre Development has produced a fix for the Tables issue with Win10 1803 update. Support will be checking outstanding tickets and getting back to users with details of how to apply the fix to build 19033.

If you are suffering the problem with editing Tables in 2D drawings after updating to Win10 1803 - you'll need to raise a support ticket to get access to the fix.

Last edited: May 23, 2018
  11. ViorelG

ViorelG New Member

After the last update WIN 10 can not use "Notes" and "New general table".
    Mesage :
    "An unexpected error has occured....
    Attempt to access index 257; valid range is 0...256"

Data about Alibre-geomagic and computer:
    Date: Thursday, May 31, 2018 11:06:42
    Geomagic Design™
    Geomagic Design Version:[ 2015.1.1 ] 64-bit
    User name: Viorel
    Computer name: VIORELG
    Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
    Processor Information: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4670K CPU @ 3.40GHz
    Number of Processors: 4

Microsoft .Net Framework

12. DavidJ

DavidJ Alibre Super User

You'll have to either update to current version of Alibre, or stop using Win10.