1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyway to remove this popup for Sketch constraints?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Drutort, Dec 3, 2019 at 4:02 PM.

1. Drutort

Drutort Senior Member

I hope I am not the only one who can not stand this error that takes away your focus and you have to push OK to continue, it slows me down a lot when I am working, is their anyway this could be some hint or passive popup? so that it only informs me but does not stop me from working and I can move on.

I do not want nothing to show up at all, because we do need feedback from the software but in a passive way I would prefer that, maybe some color change or just a little side passive popup of the error, without me having to press OK; something like can not apply constraint, and maybe an expand option if it has more info as to why. SKETCH CONSTRAINTS POPUP.jpg

rbourque and MKR like this.
  2. NateLiqGrav

NateLiqGrav Alibre Super User

I agree.
    I made an AutoHotkey script that you can run on your pc that will close it and display the message in a tooltip instead.
    You will need to install AutoHotkey. https://www.autohotkey.com/
    I tested with AutoHotkey v1.1 Unicode 32 bit on Windows 7.
    Copy the code below into notepad and save as AlibreDesignSketchOver-Constrained.ahk file. Double click the file to run. Close it by right clicking its icon in the task tray and then exit.

Code:
    ;
    ; AutoHotkey Version: 1.x
    ; Language:       English
    ; Platform:       Win7
    ; Author:         NateLiquidGravity
    ;
    ; Script Function:
    ;    Hides Sketch Over-Constrained errors and shows a popup instead.
    ;
    #persistent
    #SingleInstance force
    #NoEnv  ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.
    SendMode Input  ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability.
    SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir%  ; Ensures a consistent starting directory.

SetTimer, CheckWindow, 50
    Return

CheckWindow:
      IfWinExist, Sketch Constraints ahk_exe Alibre Design.exe ; Check if the window exists.
      {
        WinGetText, text_all, Sketch Constraints ahk_exe Alibre Design.exe ; Get all the text from the window.
        WinClose, Sketch Constraints ahk_exe Alibre Design.exe ; Close the window.
        text_msg := SubStr(text_all, 2,-4) ; Get rid of the extra lines we don't want to show.
        ToolTip, %text_msg%
        SetTimer, RemoveToolTip, 4000
      }
    Return

RemoveToolTip:
      SetTimer, RemoveToolTip, Off
      ToolTip
    return

anson likes this.