1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AlibreCAM Basic

Discussion in '3rd Party Add-ons' started by Alexander, May 27, 2018.

1. Alexander

Alexander Senior Member

I did have AlibreCAM 2.0 Basic and it worked within Alibre 2017 but have since lost the installation files. Does anyone have a copy and does it work with Alibre 2018?
    Basically I want to produce toolpaths for a CNC wood router, very basic G-Codes. Can anyone suggest any alternative (free) CNC software. It's a hobby project :)

Cheers guys

2. KMoffett

KMoffett Senior Member

Check with Mecsoft first about your AlibreCAM. Biting my tongue....Fusion360?

Ken

ynnek likes this.
  3. Dave H

Dave H Senior Member

I have the installer for version 2.0.0.69 X64 dated 10/12/2013.

4. Alexander

Alexander Senior Member

Thanks Ken, I will get in touch with Mecsoft.
    Autodesk is simply not an option for me, I have previous experience with them and it cost me a lot of money and my sanity.:mad:

Last edited: May 28, 2018
    bigseb likes this.
  5. Alexander

Alexander Senior Member

Thanks Dave, any chance you could send me the copy to try, I have license codes for 2013. :)

6. Dave H

Dave H Senior Member

Check your Inbox.

7. GIOV

GIOV Senior Member

Today I received an advertisement: Right now Alibre becomes add-on...of MecSoft. I am very disappointing of this.
    upload_2018-8-8_17-45-27.png
    upload_2018-8-8_17-47-42.png
    I

Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
  8. ynnek

ynnek Member

I will say, having used both Alibre CAM / Visual CAD/CAM, & Fusion 360, that both are fantastic options. I do not tend to have vendor loyalty, I use the best tool for any given job. CAM being one of them. I really like the CAM module in Fusion. Now supports 4th axis, which I have with Alibre CAM. The 2D tool paths in Fusion rock, & the entire CAM application is very intuitive. But again, I use both. For the better part of a decade I primarily used TurboCAD for all of my 2D & CAM work, other than building feed screws for packaging machines, which I purchased Alibre for. Then the Geomagic thing happened & I moved on to Fusion. After the Geomagic fiasco was over I moved back to Alibre & Alibre CAM. I sill utilize Fusion on occasion, as it is just a tool in the tool box.

9. Alexander

Alexander Senior Member

Thanks for sharing your experiences.
    I ended up using Estlecam which works great for 2D cnc work on my Router. At the moment I can't justify spending £500 for Alibre CAM. The integration within Alibre would be great though. If I need to upgrade I will probably go for Alibre CAM.

10. GIOV

GIOV Senior Member

Does Estlecam works no good in 3D cnc that you must upgrade to Alibre CAM?

11. Alexander

Alexander Senior Member

Estlecam does have 3D functionality but I have not used it yet, so I can't really say how it compares to Alibre CAM.