1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alibre Design Webinars

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GIOV, Jun 25, 2020.

1. GIOV

GIOV Senior Member

Hi Alibre Team.,
    I do like know if it is a scheduled some Alibre Webinars which show one project full documented as example of a Alibre Design Package.
    It will be good.
    Regards,
    GIOV.

2. Max

Max Administrator Staff Member

Hi Giov, I'm not sure I completely understand what you're asking. Would you mind restating it in a different way?

Cheers,
    Max

3. GIOV

GIOV Senior Member

Yes Max, Giving a project example process with on line people that actually have the software and the potential news users. I remember when years ago I discover Alibre Design because give also a basic tolls of many add-on and resource that where very well selected which was for me so beneficial. (It goes without saying that Every years I am losing licensees of add-on that supposedly were perpetual..).Also I think it will be very beneficial for Alibre Design because one skilled professional will show the real capacity of the software with its add-on in one specifics area and the webinar participants actively shade ideas and question like a trade show. I don't know if you understand.
    For my point of view the basic software is divided in :
    Worspaces that are the base for specific manufacture machines and documentation:
    1. - PartWorkspace:
    1.1.- Part WorkspaceCasting for molder, Mill, lamber, saw and 3D Printer as example,
    1.2.-PartWorkspaceSheet for CNC Cutting and bend Machines as example give add-on of shell plating Nesting also give emphasis in design 3D developable and not developable Surfaces.
    2.- AssembleWorkspace for see the design in general and have the add-on as robotic assemble machines;
    3.-DesignCheckWorkSpace for see the stress of the design of each parts and assemble (very Important for the package);
    4.- MaterialListWorspace with its component description;
    5.- DrawingWorkSpasce where give an accurate 2D drawing of the model well documented for to be approved by the management.
    6.- GlobalParametricWorkspace(Variables) That do an integration from selected independents variables able to do a systematic series for analysis and optimization.
    As you note all WorkSpace could have its own add-on that to facilitate the design and manufacturing process and have a specific area in the forum according to the workspace in question.Not only 3D Printer.
    The script have a lot of future because with less MB will give a very complex Parts and assembles. Only needs to run its in the specific WorSpace to have the model. Will be great a specific resource of standards part in scripts.
    I hope you understand my idea.(Sorry for my E2ndL)
    Thanks very much Max,
    GIOV
    Note: Also thanks to the forum participants that give a lot of excellent resources.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020 at 8:06 PM
  4. Lew_Merrick

Lew_Merrick Alibre Super User

Hi Max -- I think what Giov is asking for is an "on line conference" about how to organize files and data making up a Project to make it easier to archive, restore, and update. Giov does this sound "good" to you? -- Lew

5. HaroldL

HaroldL Alibre Super User

When you look at what other CAD software companies, Onshape, SolidWorks, AutoCAD, etc., are doing online with their webinars it seems like Alibre may be missing the boat here and could/should do something similar. Yes, Alibre does have all the training videos , and they are pretty good at getting someone started, but sometimes a webinar would be helpful where the attendees can log in and post questions during the webinar for that immediate feedback to their questions. Specific and/or more complex design issues/questions could be covered to help all users. And, like all the rest, the webinars can be posted to YouTube for anyone to view when ever they want.

Even KeyShot, although not CAD, has regular webinars to help all users with the software. They even have some of their KeyShot gurus on the webinars and it helps everyone get up to speed with KS.

jfnewman likes this.
  6. simonb65

simonb65 Alibre Super User

Wouldn't this be directly competing with the paid training courses/value add that the local resellers offer and are an integral part of their business model? Don't get me wrong, I personally wouldn't say no to some free webinars, but we need to support the resellers too.

7. Lew_Merrick

Lew_Merrick Alibre Super User

Hi Simon -- Building and expanding the utility experienced by the user base falls into the "good things" category for all concerned. -- Lew

8. HaroldL

HaroldL Alibre Super User

It doesn't seem to "hurt" the SolidWorks resellers. The local one in my area always seems to have classes running and they are not cheap. And if you do an internet search there will likely be several options for online, downloadable or fee based training options for CAD of several flavors. Do any of the Alibre resellers offer training, online or site based, or webinars? Besides, it looks like as far back as 2004 Alibre had plans for webinars but it may be that other things interrupted those plans.

9. simonb65

simonb65 Alibre Super User

As, I said, I'm up for webinars. +1 from me personally.

jfnewman likes this.