1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alibre Atom3D missing features ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Brenton-W, May 25, 2019.

1. Brenton-W

Brenton-W New Member

Ive been a user of "Cubify Invent" which I believe is a condensded version of an Alibre Product that 3D systems packaged with their range of 3D printers.
    At the time, early 2015 I purchased it for $70. Unfortuantly they disconntinued Invent and Cubify Design (which allowed creation of assemblies, also compatible with alibre file types) so I missed out on upgrading to the software which could handle assemblies.
    Then I discovered Atom 3D which looked exactly the same as Cubify Invent, except Atom can do assemblies.

However after using Atom Im finding more and more basic features which are missing.
    Features that a $70 program has but a $350 program doesn't....

Ive attached photos of the features I can't seem to locate on Atom 3D
    Can anybody tell me if they exist ? Photos are taken off of the 'Invent' program.
    Biggest point for me at the moment is being able to use only 1 type of arc.
    circ-arc.JPG shapes.JPG sketch-ops.JPG
    Are these things planned to be inculded in any upcoming updates ?

Eddy So likes this.
  2. smgriggs

smgriggs New Member

I'm looking to do the same thing (move from Invent to Atom 3D). Do you, or anyone on the forum, know if there is a way to import/upgrade/convert the .FUN files from Invent to Atom 3D? The software looks so similar, I figure it must have the same base code. Even opening the files in notepad shows similar text sections. Surely there must be a way....

3. HaroldL

HaroldL Alibre Super User

Unless someone has first hand experience with this, I'd just get in touch with Alibre Support about opening your Invent files with Atom3D. That way you avoid a lot of speculation.

4. MilesH

MilesH Alibre Super User

I wouldn't call the Shape tools a "basic" feature by any stretch............

5. bigseb

bigseb Alibre Super User

Just curious... could you upload one of your .FUN files. A small basic one will do.

Also, that Geomagic really call them .FUN is proper cringey.

oilman likes this.
  6. DavidJ

DavidJ Alibre Super User Staff Member

Note that Atom3Ddoes some things that Cubify products didn't - e.g. section views in 2D drawings. Atom just has a different combination of features available.

7. smgriggs

smgriggs New Member

This is a single extruded cube. You asked for small and basic. :)

I zipped up the .fun file and a screen shot of what it's supposed to be. Let me know if something more complex, or anything else, would be helpful.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

8. bigseb

bigseb Alibre Super User

Thought I'd try something. Took your and simply renamed it from Cube.fun to Cube.ad_prt (hey, it was worth a shot) but got the 'object reference not set to an instance of an object' error message. Ho hum. Same result for .sat and .stp