1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

( admin edit) Imported file issue with 2D Drawing

Discussion in 'Using Alibre Design' started by laverne3ca, Sep 30, 2019.

1. laverne3ca

laverne3ca Member

Why doesn't this produce a good drawing? When I open and save as an Alibre drawing and then do a 2D drawing, the 'solid' lines are gone, the only thing that prints is the hidden lines. Is it a setting I have wrong?

Attached Files:

2. HaroldL

HaroldL Alibre Super User

Down loaded your file and imported it into AD. Set up a drawing and printed OK. Have you seen this same issue with other parts or just this one?
    The only issue I had was that I had to insert Centers one feature at a time. Neither the View Properties pop up nor the RMB menu option were able to insert centers.

Here's a screen shot of the drawing I was able to create:

pincer.png

3. laverne3ca

laverne3ca Member

This is the first time I've had that issue but it's on a computer I don't use very frequently. The original solid model was, I believe, created in Pro E, if that makes a difference. I'm using Build 20055. Is it possibly a graphics card issue, this pc is using onboard graphics?

4. DavidJ

DavidJ Alibre Super User Staff Member

To check if it's a graphics card issue, switch to Legacy Display mode and try again. v2019 HOOPS graphics does demand a lot more or the graphics hardware than previous versions of Alibre do. Legacy Display switches back to the previous graphics pipeline.

5. laverne3ca

laverne3ca Member

Ok, this is weird, this is legacy mode, not what I remember! What could cause that effect?

upload_2019-10-1_12-15-34.png

Last edited: Oct 1, 2019
  6. OTE_TheMissile

OTE_TheMissile Alibre Super User

Well I know what it is, the model surfaces are being culled in the wrong direction. Seen it buggy video games before; the stuff you shouldn't be able to see is being drawn on top of the stuff that should be visible to you.

Why it'd happen in a CAD suite and how to fix it, that I'm not sure. Maybe export that model as another STEP (i.e. export it again) and try re-importing it, see if that does anything?

7. laverne3ca

laverne3ca Member

Nope, tried that already, opened and saved with my CAM software and had the same results and it happens only with this one file though I've not received another file from that system(ProE)

8. OTE_TheMissile

Seems to open up just fine for me as well using these Import settings

Untitled1.png
    Untitled.png

9. OTE_TheMissile

Try opening this and see what happens

Attached Files:

10. laverne3ca

laverne3ca Member

I don't know what the difference is, when I import the original, using the same settings as you, I get the same results as before yet your Alibre file opens and displays as it should.