1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A suggestion re entry box size for fillet tool

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bigseb, May 13, 2020.

1. bigseb

bigseb Alibre Super User

In the fillet tool the entry box for the selected faces and edges only shows four lines at a time. When there are more than four items selected then you get that little scroll bar on the right hand side of the box. For standard fillets this is usually ok.

It becomes a problem when working with variable fillets. When changing the values of a variable fillet the list auto-scrolls back to the top after each change. When you have a large edge selection it becomes very difficult to scroll back and forth to the previous entry to do the next (because of the narrow box size).

Proposed solution: Allow users to drag the bottom of the fillet tool window downwards to increase the size of the entry box.

cadtec, TimoCAD and MilesH like this.
  2. simonb65

simonb65 Alibre Super User

+1, No reason why all dialog boxes can't be sizable, especially on one which have multi-line list or text boxes!

cadtec and axeme like this.
  3. JST

JST Alibre Super User

+2 Agree totally.

4. danwilley

danwilley Member

5. OrjanB

OrjanB Member

All dialog boxes should be sizable.
    I often find the small list annoying.
    Alibre should fix it - cannot be much work.

6. NateLiqGrav

NateLiqGrav Alibre Super User

Maybe its time for another update of my ExtendedAlibreTool. I've been making things BIGGER for new versions of Alibre for functions I use myself - but haven't packaged anything to release in a long time because it seemed like the interest wasn't there.
    upload_2020-5-14_8-59-40.png

cadtec and Uman like this.
  7. albie0803

albie0803 Alibre Super User

yes, along with the print - select pages box

8. NateLiqGrav

NateLiqGrav Alibre Super User

I've made that dialog bigger in past versions of Alibre Design also and could again.

If there is more feedback on things I release ( positive or even negative) then I can at least tell if people are using them and it's worth my time to make updates. So if I made something you use and it stops working in an update... Please tell me.

I'll try to update ExtendedAlibreTool for V21 this weekend.

9. Max

Max Administrator Staff Member

Hey everyone,

We have planned approximately the next year of development. A component of that work is a complete UI refresh. For bigseb specifically, this.

We will not be doing much like this except as part of that effort.

The goal of this effort is many fold. Lots of things about our UI are old, misleading, weird, etc. "Made a long time ago," in other words. Other things such as futureproofing icon scalability, performance, etc. are a part of it too. In 4 years when 8k monitors are a thing, and the icons in the Hole dialog occupy a .125x.125" screen real estate...

New users should be able to click in-product tutorials that guide them through the UI step by step. Experienced user should be able to customize everything.

It's a big project. We're looking at totally new UI technologies, rethinking literally everything to make it better and more consistent, etc. It will be the Phoenix release.

Anyways, I'll make a separate thread on this later, but you heard it here first.

Max

Last edited: May 14, 2020
  10. Max

Max Administrator Staff Member

It's not for a dialog. Times 300. So it is. We have a lot of stuff folks don't see - e.g. people who localize stuff can totally, freely reconfigure the dialogs to account for language issues. It turns to to just not be that simple to implement product wide.

But we get it - it will get fixed - or hopefully the need to resize will just be eliminated. The "yeah, but times 300" and "add in the localization" issue has stood in the way of a lot of stuff for too long - we are now prioritizing that. It will be glorious.

cadtec and bigseb like this.
  11. bigseb

bigseb Alibre Super User

Good to hear. Too bad my maintenance expires end of the month but hey, maybe one day I'll renew...

12. bigseb

bigseb Alibre Super User

Also good news. Too many softwares simply plaster new stuff on top of old and it becomes a mishmash of methods with zero functional consistency. Look at Creo, as in example.