What's new

A little preview of v24

Awesome work Alibre Team! Question about the notify save function; Can that be disabled so there isn't a need to click that save file popup window after clicking the save icon or am I missing how that will function?

JST

Alibre Super User
Are there any changes/improvements to the way the loft itself works (or fails)?

That may be a function of the ACIS...

NateLiqGrav

Alibre Super User
For locked files: does the lock default to preventing a duplicate locked file from being made when doing "Save All As" or will there then automatically be 2 locked files? Or can the option be put in to maintain a library of locked parts that are also locked to one location?

jfleming

For locked files: does the lock default to preventing a duplicate locked file from being made when doing "Save All As" or will there then automatically be 2 locked files? Or can the option be put in to maintain a library of locked parts that are also locked to one location?

Also what happens if a locked file is included in a Package File???

Max

Administrator
Staff member

Save all as will result in a duplicate file. You want a "save all as except locked" function which I can see being valuable but cannot make it into this cycle.

JST

Alibre Super User
I assume a locked file can be unlocked if needed, after creating it via a save-as.

simonb65

Alibre Super User
On the equation editor will the alphanumeric order be correct? E.g. D1,D2,D3...D19,D20,D21, instead of D1,D10,D11...D19,D2,D20.
+1, Would be nice if all lists were alphanumeric sorted, I find programs that just use sorting based on simple left to right ascii sorting very infuriating. I see the same frustrating thing in some PCB design packages that list component references in BOMs ... Arghhhh!

bolsover

Bug Reports...
I've been using Alibre for several years on and off whilst engaged in my day job as a software programmer. One thing I REALLY miss in Alibre is a formal way to submit bug reports. Many other software packages I use have formal bug reporting systems where the user can file an issue (and search for similar problems) and get feedback from the developers. a good example of what I would like to see can be found here in the Jetbrains system..
Having a publicly searchable bug parade should not be see as a sign of poor software but rather showcase Alibre confidence in its product.

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
A separate bug reporting system would be nice but now all bugs should be reported to Support for them validate and track any resolutions.
Are you sure you want the bug list to be publicly searchable? I think you'd have some sort of vetting for whoever is looking at it.

bolsover

I can understand some reticence for the notion of a public searchable system - but it is what I have become accustomed to in software development.
If you look at the Jetbrains system, you'll notice that users do have to be authenticated before they can post bug reports. Support benefit because they see a clear list of prioritised bugs, users benefit because they can track progress of a bug report.