1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3Dconnexion for Atom 3D

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by 3Duicelake, Dec 8, 2020.

1. 3Duicelake

3Duicelake New Member

Hello, i am a newbee here and as well in Alibre Atom and I want to know if the 3Dconnexion soft and hardware is compatible with Atom. I saw it is for Design but is it the same interface.
    Want to buy a Spacemouse from them.

2. HaroldL

HaroldL Alibre Super User

Spacemouse works with a miriad of software. It should work with Atom3D.

3. DavidJ

DavidJ Alibre Super User Staff Member

Atom3D is essentially the same software as Alibre Design, but feature limited by licence code. The 3DC device should be compatible.

4. 3Duicelake

3Duicelake New Member

Okay. Thanks for the answers. I think the buying proces will continue.

5. DJA

DJA Member

It works for me. Did have a bit of trouble getting it to recognize Atom3D

6. Lew_Merrick

Lew_Merrick Guest

Hi DJA -- If you can remember, would you write up a "Lessons Learned" document (PDF) and post it in Resources? Pain shared is pain reduced. -- Lew

bigseb likes this.
  7. HaroldL

HaroldL Alibre Super User

one thing to remember when using the Spacemouse or Navigator is to Calibrate it occasionally. Be sure to have the LEDs active/On before you start. They are the indication that calibration is taking place.

calibratemouse.png

1. Open an Alibre part workspace and active.
    2. On the Task Bar or from the Hidden Icon pop up, RMB click on the Space Navigator or Spacemouse icon and select Calibrate.
    3. Heed the warning about not touching the cap while the LEDs are blinking.
    4. Wait for the calibration to complete and close the message dialog when it's done.
    These steps work for me and I suspect that they should work for Spacemouse too.

beastro and Lew_Merrick like this.
  8. 3Duicelake

3Duicelake New Member

Purchased the SpaceMouse from 3Dconnexion and works perfectly. No issues and works instantly. Thanks for the help.