What's new

Recent content by sz0k30

1. S

gld's lofting problem

Other CAD software - $5 to 10K, Alibre less than $2k. Pretty simple explanation.
  2. S

How to SMP?

Harold & Stefan, WOW! Even though the icons are right next to each other, I never knew about or even noticed the "Sketched bends" option. Looks like exactly what I need . Now all I have to do is figure out how to use it. Thanks!!!
  3. S

How to SMP?

Thanks guys, but it seems that this area where the angled wings meet with the flat tab radius remains a problem. Need this to be a smooth, fluid, natural transition, not some jagged edge.
  4. S

How to SMP?

Hey guys, I am trying to make this sheet metal bracket, but I just can't seem to wrap my head around how to do it right? The way it is now it won't unbend and I know its messed up. Thanks.
  5. S

Airfoil sketch

You want the bells & whistles, you gotta pay up.
  6. S

Dimensions not the same

Jake, based on your original post, That's how I would do it and how I would expect it to be done.
  7. S

Mass computation error

All it takes is one part being wrong to mess up the whole asm.
  8. S

Dimension Anomally

I haven't posted about this, but I see it often.
  9. S

Version Stability 21,22,23??

If you are still on maintenance, absolutely get the latest version, before dropping. No matter which version you are on, they all have problems - not better or worse, just different. I'm on V23 and I haven't seen any deal breakers or reasons to go back to previous versions. P.S. I'm in the...
  10. S

Boolean mirror?

Just for fun, trying to create a 3D frame of a vehicle. The Tracing Image I found in a Chassis Service Manual. Impossible to make from scratch. Accuracy is close enough. And please don’t make too much of the non-existing sketch dimensions & constraints. For what I am trying to do, it seems...
  11. S

Centering text attached to dimensions

Sorry, I went in the wrong direction with the text. I moved it right when you want to move it left.
  12. S

Centering text attached to dimensions

There isn't an "Alibre Home" There are: Atom, Professional and Expert. And yes there is a way I do it. When I insert lower tex,t I hit the space bar as many times as I need to get the text where I want it.
  13. S

How to read mass? [fixed]

That would be a nice addition!
  14. S

How to read mass? [fixed]

A HUGE improvement in V23!!! Design Summary for 00173 Volume = 752.17 in³ Mass = 24.74 lbm Surface Area = 4369.53 in² Center of Mass [ 21.77 in, .81 in, -.02 in ] Mass Moments of Inertia xx: 594.95 in²lbm yy: 16447.19 in²lbm zz: 16611.12 in²lbm yz: 2.75 in²lbm...
  15. S

Save icon top left - hard to see status..

X2 And the colors make the icons too difficult to see against the dark background.