What's new

Recent content by simonb65

1. simonb65

What are these options in the User Profile?

It gets uploaded from a place of your choosing (just pick a jpg/png file on your PC) to the Forum server at Alibre. It would be good if it stated the recommended size (in pixels) for the banner, but it does get scaled depending on where you view it, so the bigger the image the better to stop...
  2. simonb65

Open part/assy related drawing

From the title of the topic, you're assuming that part to drawing is a one-to-one relationship. I have drawings of parts, and the same single part is in a sub-assembly drawing and that part is also buried in the product assembly drawing! That part is also used in other products, which have their...
  3. simonb65

Grouping & Replicate

It's ONLY available in the Part Workspace and In the Ribbon it's on the Library Tab ... On the Menu, it's under Feature ...
  4. simonb65

Grouping & Replicate

Yes it does ... Are you using the Ribbon or Menu bar?
  5. simonb65

For completeness, you see the full effect of someone's banner when you either click or hover over their name to the left of a post ...
  6. simonb65

Example ...
  7. simonb65

@Ralf , Isn't the banner the whole header image? ... The bit you point to is the Avatar.
  8. simonb65

Grouping & Replicate

@Ken226 , just want to say that your video's are great content for the forum community.
  9. simonb65

Problem with callouts...

In the sub-assembly, select 'File' ... Then 'Properties' ... Then in 'General', check 'Treat as part in BOM when used as a subassembly' ...
  10. simonb65

Precise Section View Enhancement Idea...

The ones that don't show are probably not fully 'solid' error free .stp models. i.e. there are still unhealed holes in it, or faces missing when it was imported.
  11. simonb65

windows 11 and A;ibre (V24)

Max, the Alibre CEO runs it on Win11 (judging by his recent posts), so I'm sure if v24 has seen any compatibility issues, the Alibre team will be on the case pretty quick to resolve it!
  12. simonb65

PDM info?

I'd be confident in saying that following @Max 's poll, I would suspect that is what maybe in the pipeline. Would be nice to hear some outline info on what is actually being proposed/considered. Would be good to give some constructive user feedback before a scheme is implemented. May save some...
  13. simonb65

PDM info?

@HaroldL , This is the 'first' steps that Alibre needs, but the KeyShot example is kind of different in that these directories are for elements of the application (like templates, colours, themes, etc in Alibre). Alibre needs ways of defining projects, i.e. groups of parts, assemblies, drawings...
  14. simonb65

PDM info?

The problem with file systems is that you either provide the ability to provide project/library/sandbox working directories or you implement a full blown PDM system. The former enables all users to find and manage individual projects much better, but the user needs to define their own file...