1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DavidJ's Recent Activity

1. DavidJ replied to the thread Splitting a surface?.

Think of the 'Split' button as more of an 'Un-stitch' (as per the tooltip for the button). So it will separate connected surfaces - it...

Jul 10, 2020 at 3:40 AM
  2. DavidJ replied to the thread Drawing Dimensions not same as Part.

Dan - when applying constraint, first click the item that shouldn't move, next click the item that should move . So in this case,...

Jul 10, 2020 at 12:46 AM
  3. DavidJ replied to the thread Constraint Fails.

We could offer more guidance if we had the files. One thing to check - do the dimensions of the blue sides and the yellow rounds allow...

Jul 9, 2020 at 1:15 PM
  4. DavidJ replied to the thread Drawing Dimensions not same as Part.

Please provide a package created from the drawing. In almost all cases there's a simple explanation for such apparent issues.

Jul 9, 2020 at 10:06 AM
  5. DavidJ replied to the thread How to get rid of trailing lines on dimensions.

I've alerted the guardian of improvement requests to this thread. Don't expect anything in v22 - but as per above hopefully this...

Jul 9, 2020 at 7:36 AM
  6. DavidJ replied to the thread Error in screen view.

Did the assembly contain a mixture of imported and native parts? There are a few things display wise where mixed model units...

Jul 9, 2020 at 7:16 AM
  7. DavidJ replied to the thread How to get rid of trailing lines on dimensions.

The behaviour is as if space is being reserved for prefix or suffix to be added to the dimension. If you do add either (depending upon...

Jul 9, 2020 at 6:46 AM
  8. DavidJ replied to the thread Missing feature from update V21.

Not yet - I'm sure Max will update us fairly soon.

Jul 9, 2020 at 6:10 AM
  9. DavidJ replied to the thread Projected Design Dims vs. Manually added Dims.

After deleting and replacing all your dissociated (red) dimensions, things work much better.

Jul 6, 2020 at 12:55 PM
  10. DavidJ replied to the thread Projected Design Dims vs. Manually added Dims.

As per my second post on this, dimensioning from edge to your manually created line for some reason forces an angular measure (then it...

Jul 6, 2020 at 11:02 AM
  11. DavidJ replied to the thread Projected Design Dims vs. Manually added Dims.

The way the 0.000001 deg dimension was placed, forced it to be an angle. If instead it had been placed 'edge to centre' it would have...

Jul 6, 2020 at 10:38 AM
  12. DavidJ attached a file to the thread Projected Design Dims vs. Manually added Dims.

Look very carefully at your sketch 8. It is the edge of the Tick mark that you have aligned with the 30 degree reference line. NOT the...

CameraBracket.jpg Jul 6, 2020 at 10:10 AM
  13. DavidJ replied to the thread Sheetmetal, how to close a large gap.

Yes - it's missing the part that you posted above (but with the shell feature suppressed). Simply re-link it to your part (after...

Jul 6, 2020 at 7:18 AM
  14. DavidJ attached a file to the thread Sheetmetal, how to close a large gap.

I had to take a couple of attempts, but 'convert to sheet metal' seems to do an OK job. I suppressed your Shell operation - that...

Jul 6, 2020 at 3:12 AM
  15. DavidJ replied to the thread Atom 3D Using Laptop Trackpad.

A lot of trackpad functionality depends on your hardware and drivers, not on Alibre. On Windows laptops, the functionality of trackpad...

Jul 6, 2020 at 12:29 AM