1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DavidJ's Recent Activity

1. DavidJ replied to the thread Sheetmetal questions (v-groove on bends).

You have to create the SMP with uniform thickness. You can then attempt to 'add lumps' (using 3d Part tools), or cut grooves - but note...

Feb 26, 2020 at 7:00 AM
  2. DavidJ replied to the thread Sheetmetal questions (v-groove on bends).

My initial thoughts - there might be other ways to tackle - use sheet metal with 2mm sheet thickness. Use flat pattern from that to...

Feb 26, 2020 at 5:04 AM
  3. DavidJ replied to the thread Alibre Atom 3D.

If you have had a previous trial of Atom3D or of Alibre Design, the limited time trial will show as expired. Contact Alibre Sales or...

Feb 26, 2020 at 1:51 AM
  4. DavidJ replied to the thread Unwanted transparency..... it's baaaaaack.....

As I mentioned in another thread, we have one example already submitted where an imported part that shows hidden lines when viewed in...

Feb 24, 2020 at 11:09 AM
  5. DavidJ replied to the thread 3D PDF results.

You have 'feature colour' selected - does the bore feature have its own colour defined in the part? I'm still not clear from your...

Feb 24, 2020 at 4:04 AM
  6. DavidJ replied to the thread 3D PDF results.

I don't understand your questions - 'How much of this is actually from within Alibre?' also 'the top bracket should be a solid colour...

Feb 24, 2020 at 3:03 AM
  7. DavidJ replied to the thread 3D PDF results.

Issues with 3D PDF and assembly colour will be resolved in v21. 3D PDF is created in HOOPS from v2019 - the initial integration didn't...

Feb 24, 2020 at 2:14 AM
  8. DavidJ replied to the thread Unwanted transparency..... it's baaaaaack.....

Does the assembly contain any imported parts? If so - open each of those and try to see if the part also shows hidden lines when it...

Feb 24, 2020 at 2:08 AM
  9. DavidJ replied to the thread Support Center Status: Awaiting your Reply.

Lew - that message is automated, and is sent when users haven't completed the fields about themselves that are available on the support...

Feb 24, 2020 at 2:02 AM
  10. DavidJ replied to the thread Cannot change keybinds in Atom3D?.

Everyone has their own ideas about what features should be in each level of the product. I think I've seen requests for almost every...

Feb 23, 2020 at 5:27 AM
  11. DavidJ replied to the thread Cannot change keybinds in Atom3D?.

You need Alibre Design if you wish to customise keyboard shortcuts. There has to be some differentiation between product levels, this...

Feb 23, 2020 at 1:47 AM
  12. DavidJ replied to the thread Exporting unlinked mesh objects?.

You might also try suppressing the features for all but the item you want to export - may or may not be convenient depending upon how...

Feb 23, 2020 at 1:43 AM
  13. DavidJ replied to the thread Support Center Status: Awaiting your Reply.

At support end tickets are either Open, Pending, or Resolved/Closed. That's all we have. My guess is that 'Pending' gives rise to...

Feb 23, 2020 at 1:40 AM