1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bigseb's Recent Activity

1. bigseb replied to the thread How to make a rib?.

I agree it isn't anything special. Returning to the OPs question, yes you can use a similar method to other software and they all...

Dec 3, 2020 at 9:27 PM
  2. bigseb replied to the thread How to make a rib?.

You could also model your rib as a separate model and boolean unite it in. For welded parts. That way you could have a library of ribs...

Dec 3, 2020 at 3:13 PM
  3. bigseb posted a new thread.

This is a long shot....

... but does anyone here know the price of Tebis CAD/CAM software. Most companies I have been to here in my area are using it and to be...

Forum: General Discussion

Dec 3, 2020 at 1:31 PM
  4. bigseb replied to the thread An illustration of the resolution problem behind asking for "approximate" alignments..

I would normally agree, not sure what limtations there might be to this though (thinking in terms of model stability).

Dec 3, 2020 at 1:24 PM
  5. bigseb replied to the thread KeyShot 10 is out.

My last one was 101Mb!!! :eek:

Dec 3, 2020 at 12:10 PM
  6. bigseb replied to the thread An illustration of the resolution problem behind asking for "approximate" alignments..

Not if it wasn't mine. :)

Dec 3, 2020 at 11:19 AM
  7. bigseb replied to the thread An illustration of the resolution problem behind asking for "approximate" alignments..

I never mentioned Solidworks...

Dec 3, 2020 at 8:25 AM
  8. bigseb replied to the thread How to make a rib?.

Or you can do it like in the Catia video i.e. just create a short horizontal line at the top and then close the sketch. Or use DE to...

Dec 3, 2020 at 8:23 AM
  9. bigseb replied to the thread KeyShot 10 is out.

Same here.

Dec 3, 2020 at 8:21 AM
  10. bigseb replied to the thread KeyShot 10 is out.

Is it a massive improvement over 9.3?

Dec 2, 2020 at 9:28 PM
  11. bigseb replied to the thread How to make a rib?.

Just want to point out (for the absolute noobs) that Catia's rib tool only requires you to sketch the diagonal whereas in AD you have to...

Dec 2, 2020 at 9:21 PM
  12. bigseb replied to the thread Offset sketch figures, why no constraints?.

By all means start a thread. But if you want to get ADs attention you're gonna have to get in touch with them directly.

Dec 2, 2020 at 1:47 PM
  13. bigseb replied to the thread Tube flattens when I sweep.

Sometimes things aren't clear for beginners. That's why there is a forum. :)

Dec 2, 2020 at 1:46 PM
  14. bigseb replied to the thread Export to Keyshot file freezes Alibre.

Possibly. Or it could just be that Geomagic-era models opened in V22 are not playing nice with the latest Keyshot.

Dec 2, 2020 at 12:56 PM
  15. bigseb replied to the thread Copy Paste of Sketches - lose of constraints?.

All of that is true. At the end of the day the AD has X resources though so what gets fixed in what order has been handled in a very...

Dec 2, 2020 at 12:54 PM